Can you add broccoli into a smoothie? You bet you can! Though it might not seem like the most smoothie-friendly of produce, broccoli is great for adding a kick of nutrition to your green smoothie.
We love to combine fresh fruits and veggies for the ultimate high-impact nutritional breakfast! Make the most of your smoothies by adding ingredients with health benefits and leave out the sugar-laden fruit juices. We love adding broccoli because it's a source of Vitamins K and C, folates and dietary fibre, too.
Adding broccoli to your diet can help build collagen, protect the body from damaging free radicals, promotes digestive health, and aids in the production and maintenance of new cells in the body. All signs point to "make this smoothie now".
- 2 granny smith apples cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup Thirsty Buddha All-Natural coconut water
- place granny smith apple wedges in blender, blend until smooth
- add spinach, broccoli and coconut water, blend again until desired texture
- pour into your favorite smoothie cup and enjoy!