Ingredients (4 portions)
- 1 cup of dry brown rice
- 0.5 cups of red quinoa
- 1/2 a bag of Jalapeno Lime Hungry Buddha Coconut Jerky
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil (or EVOO)
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, torn from the stems
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Cook brown rice and set aside to cool.
- Chop red pepper and garlic and stir together in a large mixing bowl. Add the red quinoa and stir again. Season with sea salt & cayenne and stir again. Add the avocado oil, lime zest & juice and stir. Finally, fold in the cilantro.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Stir before serving. Top each portion with slices of avocado and our fabulous Coconut Jerky to add some spicy!