- 1 cup dates, packed (soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and then drained)
- 2 Tbsp all natural, salted almond butter or peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1-2 handful of Dairy-free chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp Coconut Nectar
- Cheeky Chocolate coconut chips
Add dates to a food processor and pulse until small bits remain.
Add almond butter and mix again until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
Next add the almond meal and rolled oats and pulse until a loose dough is formed.
Scrape your dough into a mixing bowl. If it feels too wet to the touch to form into cookies, add another few Tbsp of almond meal and/or oats and stir.
At this point, you can add in 1/4 cup of your mix-in of choice, such as dairy-free dark chocolate chips. Also, add the Coconut Nectar if you desire more sweetness.
Then chill dough for 10 minutes and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
Scoop out 1 Tbsp amounts of your cookie dough and form into loose discs, then arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. They won’t expand so pack them closer together (but not touching).
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and somewhat firm to the touch.
Enjoy by topping with some coconut chips!