- 4 medium cleaned, shelled, tail-on shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 pineapple sliced into pieces (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoons coconut nectar
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Pinch of parsley
- 1 teaspoon coconut vinegar
- 1/2 cup short-grain brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat the broiler. In a medium ovenproof pan, toss the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon each of the sesame oil and the coconut nectar. Add the Sriracha.
- Lay the shrimp flat. Broil for 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and pour in the egg Cook undisturbed until set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until just set on the second side, 1 more minute. Transfer to a board and cut into strips.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and the coconut vinegar.
- Serve the rice in bowls topped with the egg strips & shrimp. Top with parsley. Place the soy-vinegar mixture in a small bowl and use at the table for drizzling.