Halloween is one of our favourite holidays! Who doesn't love ghosts and goblins and the fun of dressing up? There is plenty of excitement this time of ear and with it comes the holiday candy craze leading to sugar highs and potential tummy aches.
This Halloween season we've come up with a simple and fun recipe that steers clear of scary ingredients like refined sugar and artificial flavours. We guarantee this is a treat your family and friends will go BOO-nanas for!
For our healthy Halloween treat made with fruit, try these banana ghosts (or Boo-Nanas!). Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 4 bananas
- 1 bag of Hungry Buddha Classic Coconut Chips
- Handful of raisins
You will need toothpicks, food processor or grinder, baking sheet, parchment paper .
- Peel bananas, cut each into half (widthwise).
- Pour Hungry Buddha coconut chips in a food processor or grinder and process until the coconut chips are a fine dust.
- Spread coconut dusting onto a plate.
- Take banana halves and roll them in coconut dust until they are coated.
- Take 3 raisins and stick two on the banana for the eyes and one for the mouth.
- Stick toothpick into the bottom of each banana halve and place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for one to two hours.