For many of us, the road to healthy living can often seem overwhelming and tough to maintain. But, just ask any consistently healthy eater and they'll say that the key to their success is simple: preparation. Prep meals and snacks ahead of time and you'll find that staying healthy is effortless!
One of our favorite make-ahead recipes is this vegan Chai Spiced Coconut Granola-- it's perfect for breakfast or snack time!
- 1 cup large flaked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Hungry Buddha Cheeky Chocolate coconut chips
- 1 tablespoon raw pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add oats, coconut, pecans, cinnamon, coconut sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add vanilla.
- Immediately pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large non-stick baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes more, or until the granola is fragrant and golden brown.
- Let cool completely before breaking into clumps.
- Store in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.