Chai Spiced Granola
For many of us, the road to healthy living can often seem overwhelming and tough to maintain. But, just ask any consistently healthy eater and they’ll say that the key to their success is simple: preparation. Prep meals and snacks ahead of time and you’ll find that staying healthy is effortless.
One of our favorite make-ahead recipes is this vegan Chai Spiced Coconut Granola– it’s perfect for breakfast or snack time.
- 1 cup large flaked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Hungry Buddha Cheeky Chocolate Coconut Chips
- 1 Tbsp raw pecan halves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup Healthy Buddha Coconut Nectar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients except for the coconut oil and the coconut nectar to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut oil and the coconut nectar. Warm the mixture over medium heat for 1-2 minutes then add the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir it until all the oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange the granola on a large non-stick baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake the granola for 10 minutes then remove it from the oven.
- Put it back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the granola is fragrant and golden brown.
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking it into clumps.
- Store the granola in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.