I love a good green smoothie. Post-workout, with lunch, pre-workout, whenever the mood strikes me. There is a time, however, when a smoothie just will not do. When you've been scrolling through Pinterest's recipe pages for too long, when you've been eyeing your co-workers Pop Tart just a little too intensely, when you've had supper but the need to snack just will not subside-- a time like this requires something decadent.
In honor of times like these, we give you Coconut Energy Balls, made with Hungry Buddha coconut chips!
This simple no-bake recipe is nut-free, vegan and gluten-free, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your hard-won healthy lifestyle! Here's what you'll need:
- 1 and 3/4 cups Hungry Buddha Classic Coconut Chips
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup of Hungry Buddha Coconut Chips with the coconut oil. Process until the mixture becomes a paste-like consistency.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Process until sufficiently combined.
- Add half cup of HB Coconut Chips and process briefly, until combined.
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls and coat with the remaining coconut chips.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
That's all it takes to make the best healthy, coconut-y, indulgent, guilt-free snack of your life (until we blow your minds with our next blog recipe, that is!)
If you decide to make the recipe for yourself, be sure to photograph your successes and tag us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Happy snacking!