Apart from the shining sun, warm weather and general feeling of merriment, one of the best parts of the summer months is that so many delicious fruits are in season! June means that it's the perfect time to indulge in the sweet and tart candies of the fruit world: cherries!
Add cherries to a mojito for a great way to shake-up a classic cocktail while taking advantage of the fruit of the season. Here's what you'll need:
- 6 cherries, pitted with stems removed
- 2 oz simple syrup
- juice from 1 lime
- 12 mint leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup Thirsty Buddha All-Natural coconut water
- In a glass, combine cherries, mint leaves, rum and syrup. Muddle extract juices from cherries and mint.
- Add ice and coconut water.
- Garnish with lime wedges, mint leaves and fresh cherry.
- Serve cold.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Cooking LSL!