It may be cold outside – but we are warming up inside cuddled up under blankets slurping up the most delicious soup - warming coconut curry soup! This coconut curry soup recipe made with cauliflower is incredibly easy to make, healthy and absolutely delicious.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large chopped carrot
- 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 cubed sweet potatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hungry Buddha Smokin' Sriracha Coconut Chips for garnish and extra heat!
1) Warm the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2) Add chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Let vegetables soften.
3) Add chopped cauliflower, sweet potatoes, ginger, curry powder, tamari and coconut milk.
4) Stir, incorporating all ingredients.
5) Add vegetable broth, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
6) Stir and cover.
7) Let simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are completely soft.
8) Let soup cool, and blend with a hand blender in the pot OR transfer cooled soup to a blender and blend until all ingredients are incorportated.
9) Garnish and add some extra heat and flavour with Hungry Buddha Smokin' Sriracha coconut chips.
10) Serve in a bowl, curl up under a big blanket, and let the warming up begin! Enjoy!