5 Ways to Live a Healthier Lifestyle
With the New Year fast approaching, why not get a head start on adopting some new habits! Making just a few small changes in your everyday life can make the world of a difference. From drinking more water to getting more sleep, these tips will make you feel like your best self.
- Drink more water – set alarms on your phone or get an app (for example Daily Water Tracker) to make sure you don’t forget! According to Medical News today, drinking water has many different benefits. Some of them include delivering oxygen throughout the body, boosting skin health, and improving digestion.
- Schedule workouts like they are appointments – if you see it in your calendar you will be more inclined to not skip it! Doing 30 minutes of physical activity a day can do as much as increase heart health, reduce stress and give you an energy boost!
- Meal prep your food for the week – eliminate the need to buy your lunch/dinner when you are on the go during the week. Not only will you save time and money, but meal prepping will allow you to be in total control of what you put in your body, helping you feel your best!
- Get fresh air – get up and go for a walk when you can. Getting fresh air has been shown to boost your immune system, increase your energy levels, help digest food more effectively, and improve blood pressure and heart rate.
- Get more sleep – depending on your schedule and your personal needs, try to get between 7-9 hours of sleep a night. This will increase quality of everyday life, decrease chances of getting sick, and boost your mood!
We hope you give some of these tips a try, and have a great holiday season!