Buddha Bloggers with Love & Coconuts – Michelle’s Homemade Apple Cinnamon Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw nuts, chopped (I used almonds and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup raw seeds (I used pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped
- 1/3 cup mix-ins (I used Buddha Brands Cheeky Chocolate Coconut Chips)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300º F
- Combine oats, nuts and/or seeds, mix-in, sea salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well until every oat and nut/seed is lightly coated.
- Pour the granola onto a pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed before breaking it into pieces and stirring in the dried fruit and other mix-ins.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Make it gluten-free: Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- Make it nut free: Use seeds instead of nuts.
- If you want toasted coconut in your granola: Stir the coconut flakes into the granola halfway through baking. They’ll get nice and toasty that way.
To get more recipes from Michelle, check out her Instagram page @plentyfullme.
Want to learn more about our Brand Ambassadors or become one yourself? Check it out here.