Cocoa-nuts for Coconut Loaf
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsps melted coconut oil
- 1 3/4 ripe banana
- 3 Tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 Tbsps greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 mini loaf pans (or one small loaf pan).
- In a stand mixer with a whip attachment (or large bowl with egg beaters), beat the coconut sugar and egg until fluffy.
- While that beats, in a small bowl, mash ripe bananas until no lumps are left. Add in yogurt, coconut nectar, and vanilla.
- Drizzle in melted coconut oil to egg mixture with beaters running on slow.
- Next, add in banana mixture.
- In a small bowl sift together dry ingredients.
- Fold into batter slowly until just combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
- Bake for 27-32 minutes. it is done when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean with just a few crumbs (or when top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and enjoying.
Recipe by Paige Baumgartner (@samepaigenextchapter)